REAL, FRUGAL, HEALTHY, and FUN!!!
Hey Everyone! With so many new people checking out the site, I thought I should reintroduce myself. I do already have a blog post that tells you about my healthy living journey and how and why I started it. I kind of want to have fun with this post and just share some random thoughts about myself.
1) I love healthy bodies! It doesn’t matter the shape or size. I love everything from long and lean to short and curvy. I don’t care for skin and bones (that was once the goal, but not anymore) and I don’t think too many wiggly jigglies are good, either. I see society going from one end of the spectrum – loving the skinny body – to the other end of the spectrum – loving the obese body. I think we should be loving the bodies of work. The bodies of those who eat right and workout, whatever their size might be.
2) I have 3 little boys who keep me busy and remind me about what is most important in life. They’re all very active, funny, and love their mama. My 4 year-old will tell you peanut butter is a healthy fat. I’m sure he doesn’t know what that means, but he listens when I rattle on about food and nutrition. Hopefully I’m a positive influence.
3) I have Celiac disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I’m also currently going through testing for some chronic urinary symptoms. If you spent a day hanging out with me, you’d think I was healthy. I’m full of energy. I like to have fun. I’ve learned to eat to avoid and Celiac or Irritable Bowel symptoms. Hopefully, once the cause of the urinary symptoms is found, I’ll be able to do something about those symptoms, as well. Having my health to hold me accountable for my eating choices helps me keep on track.
4) I love to workout, but I don’t like doing the same thing over and over. After a couple of weeks, I have to change up my workout routine, not only because it’s better for my body, but because it’s so much more fun! I lift weights, work body weight, box, incline walk, do yoga, and occasionally run.
5) I’m super cheap. How can anyone afford not to be in today’s world, right?! So, I buy the highest quality of food I can afford. I can’t afford perfection. Kudos to those who can.
6) I love playing in the kitchen. It’s my stress-relief. Sometimes, when I’m stressed or upset, I can be found in the kitchen working like a mad scientist. I look through my pantry and fridge, and I make a plan in my mind. Then, I start putting things together. Sometimes, the plan changes. Sometimes it changes, a lot. It’s just a lot of fun. If you allow yourself to play in the kitchen, you give yourself the opportunity to create some delicious dishes. Don’t let a flop get you down. We all have flops. Flops are learning opportunities. I’ve had a few flops, but the more I play in the kitchen, the better my dishes have become.
7) I’ve been working out consistently for almost 3 years, but I’ve been stretching for less than a year. It’s something I always knew I should be doing, but I just never did it. Finally, after dealing with sore joints and tight muscles for way too long, I added yoga to my routine, and I love it.
8) I started my blog this past February. I really love the healthy living community I’ve found because of it. I’ve connected with so many inspiring people. It amazes me everyday. I love the accountability that comes with it. I love having a place to share my thoughts. I’ve learned so much since starting my blog, and I’m excited to see what the future has for it.